Today’s cities and higher education institutions are not yet inclusive for all.
G3ict research and analysis show that the digital transformation of cities and higher education institutions around the world is not yet equally benefiting persons with disabilities and older persons.
G3ict’s suite of Smart Digital Inclusion Maturity Models is helping to change that and make cities and higher education institutions worldwide more inclusive.
G3ict’s Smart City Digital Inclusion Maturity Model© and Smart University Digital Inclusion Maturity Model© tools help cities and higher education institutions assess and benchmark their level of digital inclusion and ICT accessibility. The tools help clearly evaluate progress towards achieving ICT accessibility and digital inclusion across a broad range of functions that are important to all cities or universities, like procurement, training, and standards, etc. Each tool defines key performance indicators and metrics to support advancing accessibility and digital inclusion. Each lays out 5 distinct levels of maturity for digital inclusion and accessibility progress across multiple dimensions that are important to cities or higher education institutions, i.e., technology, data, culture, strategy, and governance. G3ict’s Smart Digital Inclusion Maturity Model tools support the development of roadmaps and strategies to grow and mature a city’s or university’s commitment to and capabilities on digital inclusion.
G3ict is currently deploying both the Smart City Digital Inclusion Maturity Model © and the Smart University Digital Inclusion Maturity Model© tools through its global partner ecosystem.
If your city or university is interested in defining how it can be both smarter and more inclusive or if your organization or company is interested in partnering with G3ict to make cities and universities more inclusive, please contact us at: email@example.com.
- G3ict video discussion with city of Chicago and Microsoft about assessing digital inclusion in cities
- Maturity Model Presentation Deck
In The News:
- Chicago to pilot digital inclusion toolkit
- Chicago to pilot tool to boost disability access for smart cities
- Chicago to pilot new project to make cities more accessible
- Mexico's largest cities promote digital inclusion
- Empowering Connected Societies – Smart City Expo World Congress
- Empowering smart, inclusive cities—today and everyday
- Introducing the Smart City Digital Inclusion Maturity Model© and pilots
- Smart Cities For All Digital Inclusion Maturity Model launch